My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Friday, January 3, 2014

Flypaper (2011)

I love heist films and thought the concept of this one would be great. Two different teams of bank robbers, one high-tech and the other old-style, decide to rob the same bank on the same day. Unfortunately situations get really ridiculously complicated. Patrick Dempsey plays a bank customer with some kind of autism who like a detective tries to figure out what’s really going on and Ashley Judd is a bank teller trying to help him. I’m usually a fan of movies with many twists but these were so over the top. Dempsey’s performance is really weak (and the script doesn’t help him out) and I saw the ending a million miles away. This is a very ho-hum disappointment. Grade: C

No comments:

Post a Comment