My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Mitt (2014)

The title of this advertisement . . . I mean, documentary . . . could have been Nice Guys Finish Last. This film follows Mitt Romney trying to become President of the United States, first when he lost the nomination to McCain and again when he received the Republican Nomination only to lose the election to Obama. It’s supposed to be an inside look at the man and his family and it sort of is, but it’s completely void of any substance about his politics and why such a man should be the Leader of the Free world (just like his campaign). I like Mitt, or at least the way he represents himself, but I wouldn’t ever vote for him and nothing in this documentary changed my mind. Yet by reading the reviews on Netflix it’s clear that if Mitt had used this kind of approach to tell his story to the voting public versus attacking Obama he probably would have won. Maybe, maybe not, but as propaganda this film works wonders, as an actual documentary is full of holes. Obviously if you want to see a hard hitting honest look at Romney the leader with information and details on how he believes this country should be run then skip this one. If you want a warm and fuzzy look at a family man trying to run for office then you might find this enjoyable. I was entertained but not impressed and very much relieved he did lose. I can only hope after two failed attempts Mitt learned his lesson and doesn’t try again. Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment