My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Square (2013)

This documentary follows a group of Egyptian protesters during the Revolution of 2011. This is an inside look at the struggle of a nation. It’s an important film that tells of the complexities of a young nation breaking free of tyranny. It demonstrates the promise of what’s to come and the oncoming despair as that promise is stepped on before so many to bear witness. Freedom is precious and as an American I take it for granted. This film reminds me what it takes to actually fight for freedom. It’s never easy. If you wish to ignore the events going on outside this country than skip this film, but for the rest of you, see it and get a taste of what so many people must go through to have what we have. See what so many people in our world still need to go through to get to where these brave revolutionaries are right now. Living history has never been so honest and breathtaking. Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment