My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Friday, October 11, 2013

The Lost (2006)

Based on Jack Ketchum’s novel of the same name (of which I want to read now), Chris Sivertson writes and directs the story of Ray Pye, a teenage psychopath who terrorizes everyone he comes in contact with. He has a girlfriend he doesn’t really care about anymore and a new girl he loves so much that when she eventually rejects him all hell breaks loose. Marc Senter kills it as Ray in a performance so dead-on I think it might open up his career (or at least cause him to get type casted as a villain for now on). Nudity, violence and wonderful characters make for an enjoyable dark film. If you’re interesting in delving into an evil teenager in a film made with a clear cut vision than you’ll have to see this mini-masterpiece. Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment