My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Collection (2011)

After I saw 2009’s The Collector I’ve wanted so badly for a sequel. And because horror films can be made cheaply, my wish has been granted. Does it meet my expectations? Mostly, although I would have liked it more if they hadn’t tried to mimic Aliens plot structure as much. Still I’m happy Josh Stewart is back and that we get to see the Collector’s playhouse of horrors. Marcus Dunstan directs and delivers new thrills but this time around the tension isn’t as focused and the villain a tad less interesting. I’d say if you liked the first film you’ll probably like this one too. Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment