My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Evil Dead (2013)

Here’s an example of a film I was glad they decided to remake (or re-imagine as the filmmaker’s like to say). The original Sam Raimi film is a cult classic but I always preferred the comedic sequels than the kind of cheesy “serious” one. Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell produced but I’m not sure how much input they had in the production. Instead of a bunch of youths going to a cabin in the woods for fun they’re going for the purpose of helping the main character, Mia, fight a drug problem and working as a team to help her cope with her withdrawal symptoms. Along for the ride is Mia’s brother, David, who must save her when she becomes possessed not by drugs but by the demon in the woods. I really enjoyed this film and found the gallons of blood and violence to be just what today’s audiences would want. Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment