My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Horns by Joe Hill

The premise of Mr. Hill’s new novel is so inviting and clever I can’t believe no one else has come up with it. Wrongly accused murderer of his girlfriend (freed because of a technically) Ig Perrish wakes up after a night of drinking with horns protruding from his forehead. With these horns comes the power to make any who see them share their darkest desires and truths. With these devilish powers can Ig find out who killed his girlfriend or will he wallow in his own despair? I loved this book. I thought Mr. Hill’s first novel was excellent but I think this one is better. It has a lyrical quality switching points of view and giving the reader a complete world. This is one of those kinds of books I can see re-reading again a few years from now. Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment