My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Tenebre (1982)

In my journey to watch all of Dario Argento’s work, I came across this film noir horror about an American horror novelist in Italy trying to assist an detective find a serial killer inspired by the novelist’s books. I really enjoyed this film. It has all the Hitchcockian gimmicks that Argento is known for using while still having a fascinating plot. Sure it’s dated as all of Argento’s work is, but in a way that makes it stand out as something unique and particular to an artist’s voice. Check this out if you like Italian horror films from the eighties and need something more grounded than gory zombie films. Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment