My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Hallonween II (1981)

The original sequel to Halloween starts right where the first one left off.   Michael Myers is still alive and still hunting down poor Jamie Lee Curtis who's on the way to the hospital.   The film is more like your typical slasher flick with the death toll higher and some of the scenes being lamer (like the nudity shot of the nurse in the hot tub).  What makes it a good part two is John Carpenter and Debra Hill's brilliant twist toward the end that makes it all worthwhile.  Rich Rosenthal directs and while he does a decent job I can't help but wonder how John Carpenter would have handled the film, considering he is one of my favorites.  Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment