My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

October Horror Movie Month (Commentary)

October begins my traditional Horror movie month.  I plan to cram as many horror films I can in celebration of Halloween.  It's my favorite holiday and it's my way of getting ready for the spooky season.   The horror genre is one of my favorites because it reaches across every story convention.  There are horror comedies, horror thrillers, horror dramas, over the top Horror B movies and many other sub genres.  I love this about this genre, it's so versatile.  It's the only genre I know of that even when its bad its good.  Sometimes I even crave the bad ones.  I've started picking out a mix of new and old, so here's hoping for a successful run.

No comments:

Post a Comment