My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Ward (2011)

John Carpenter returns to the director chair in this mild horror film that does what Sucker Punch wish it had.  It's more of a thriller and I wouldn't say its Carpenter's best film, in fact it's not that great really but it was entertaining and did have me second guessing myself.  Nothing really worth praising but it could have been a lot worse. Grade: B.

Spoiler:  I've read some people's reviews of this film saying it copies the plot twist from a film called Identity.  I can see where their coming from but I like how this film is set in an asylum instead of a motel.  Identity felt forced to me but in this one the twist is more believable.  So what I guess I'm saying is even if it is the same plot twist I actually think it works better in this film.  Who cares who came up with it first.  I'm certain Identity wasn't the first story to use the multiple personality twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment