My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Trollhunter (2011)

Another film of the "found-footage" sub genre, this Noregian entry is a real winner.  I enjoyed this film more than I thought I would.  It's funny, it's exciting and well-made.   Three documentary film makers decide to follow a man who they assume is a bear poacher.  But he's not, as the title states, he's a troll hunter and after he agrees to let them film him the story really takes off.  There's shakey camera moments and night-vision sequences that some people might not like but I'm impressed at how well-filmed it actually is.  I recommend this for anyone who likes fantasy films and enjoys clever use of mythology.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment