My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Scream 3 (2000)

It took awhile but I finally finished the Scream Trilogy, and just in time to watch the fourth film that's come out on DVD.  Why the wait?  The first time I tried to watch this film, on VHS, the tape was broken and I was too lazy to get a replacement.  The second time, many years later, I was able to watch the first thirty minutes only for the DVD to skip so badly that I gave up.   Then I just forgot about it.  I'm glad I finally finished it though because this is a fun and satisfying conclusion (or so we all thought it would be) of the Scream series.  The new killer is out there trying to find Sydney who is in hiding, and to get her attention Ghost-face kills cast members for the newest Stab film.  What's interesting about these films is that they're not really horror films but comedies that pay tribute to horror films while satirizing the genre and our media obsessed culture.  Here they take on the rules of a Trilogy and its very fun.  Again what I like about these movies is that they always find a way of surprising me.  I have yet to guess who the Ghost-face is.   While the scares are never as good as the first film the comedy just gets better.  Grade: B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment