My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Zombies of Mass Destruction (2009)

Zombie movies are great as vehicles for social commentary.  The makers of this film though need to learn subtly.  Much of the "commentary" is heavy handed and worse not that funny.  Probably inspired by Shaun of the Dead's humor, here they attempt to explore our Post 9/11 world with zombies.   You have the Muslim girl who gets kidnapped by her white neighbors who believe her to be a terrorist behind the outbreak.  And you have two gay men trying to survive in a Christian Mob.  These aren't bad ideas but this is a bad movie.   The gore is decent but never fantastic.   Not a complete waste of time but it is pretty forgettable too.  Grade: C+

No comments:

Post a Comment