My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Insidious (2011)

Next to Paranormal Activity 3, this is the other great horror film to come out this year.  Made by James Wan and Leigh Whannell of Saw fame, here we have the kind of horror film that really succeeds at spooking you out.  Instead of a house that is haunted you have a child in a coma who attracts ghosts to come out and scare.  The always good Patrick Wilson and Rose Byrne play husband and wife trying to save their son from a demon.   What I admire about this film the most is how they used practical effects to tell their story instead of relying on CGI.  If this film doesn't make you jump just a little bit than your a braver person than me.  Grade: A-.

No comments:

Post a Comment