My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of the Toybnee Tiles (2011)

I knew nothing of this urban legend or marking of our streets until this eerie and fascinating documentary about the Toybnee Titles.   Someone out there has been putting linoleum crafted titles (or glued signs) on various streets across America from Philly to Boston with the same cryptic message and no one knows who that someone is.  Justin Duerr, the main subject of the film, has dedicated his life to trying to solve this mystery.  John Foy, the director, does a wonderful job pacing an unforgettable narrative while also hinting at thematic parallels to Duerr's own life.  Instead of going into anymore details I suggest watching the film; it's well-worth a viewing.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment