My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Moonrise Kingdom (2012)

Wes Anderson's storybook cinema has never been so clever and enchanting.  A childhood romance of epic portions this comedy-love story-adventure tale is about a Khaki Scout named Sam and the daughter of two lawyers named Suzie who runaway together on a camping trip on a small Eastcoast island, causing a whirlwind of chaos for all involved.  At times this film is like a poem on everything from growing up to the struggles of parenting and marriage.  The ensemble cast featuring Bill Murray, Francis McDormand, Bruce Willis, Ed Norton, Tilda Swinton and Harvey Keitel is pitch perfect and completely void of ego.  I know there is an anti-Wes-Anderson crowd out there (which is weird since he's probably our most original American film maker right now) that should stay away but for the rest of us, you'll not want to miss this magical film.  Trust me see this in the theater.  Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment