My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Atanarjuat [The Fast Runner] (2002)

This Canadian film directed by Zacharias Kunuk is known as the most authnetic Inuit film ever made. Written and acted in the Inuktitut language it tells the ancient story of two brothers who cross paths with the evil spirit that corrupted their once tribe.  It's a long movie but filled with an anthropoligists wish list of Inuit customs.  But the story, once it gets going, really takes off and left me energized with anticipation.   A certain classic and one of the best films about Indigenous peoples I've ever seen.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment