My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Bye Bye Brazil (1979)

This landmark of Brazilian cinema is about a traveling sideshow with a Magician, a Strong Man, and an Exotic dancer.  An Accordionist and his pageant wife join the group on their way through the Amazon jungle heading toward a promise land of new audiences.  The Accordionist's reasons for traveling have less to do with joining show business and more to do his desire to be with the Dancer.  While somewhat dated, this is still a charming film with many unexpected turns.  Grade: B+ 

No comments:

Post a Comment