My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Raiders! The Story of the Greatest Fan Film Ever Made (2015)

Two friends since childhood get funding to complete their shot-to-shot remake of Raiders of the Lost Ark.  They’ve’ been making it every summer since they were kids (with a long hiatus in there after high school) and they now finally have the money and passion to film the last scene on their bucket list, the famous Nazi bomber fight scene between Indiana and the Nazi boxing mechanic.   Look, I used to make home videos too.  But what these kids did (and what their parents let them do) is unbelievable.  I envy them to be honest.  This documentary tells their story and shares scenes from their fan film.  What it must have been like to be one of their friends, conned into dressing up as a German solider or Egyptian and do what they said.  The best part of the film though for me isn’t really the movie they’re making but the ups and down of their friendship.  Kudos for keeping your flame alive, guys!   May this film inspire a generation of new film makers.  Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment