My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Friday, November 25, 2016

Deadpool (2016)

The film all fan boys are praising and dream of seeing get nominated for Best picture:  I finally saw it.  And it was a really fun and raunchy superhero blending of spoof and action.   Ryan Reynolds plays the title character, an assassin set on getting revenge for the underground organization that turned him into a gross looking superhero freak.   Morena Baccarin plays the love of his life, who he abandons because he wants to protect her.  Reynolds is born to play this role and he is on fire with comic timing and anti-hero charm.  I wouldn’t say it’s the greatest superhero film of all time or anything, but it is an enjoyable rated-R experience.   My favorite bit had to do with Dead pool’s old and blind roommate.   With its tongue and cheek humor and explosive action, this is one all Superhero fans should check out.  Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment