My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Audrie and Daisy (2016)

This depressing but very important documentary tells two similar stories of young teenager girls being raped and how their assault and people’s reactions ruined their lives.  While watching this film, I became enraged and dumbfounded by the meanness of people.  Daisy’s story is probably the most disgusting because an entire town would rather protect the school’s star football player than believe her story.  The fact that said football player was the grandson of a state politician only made me fume more.   Only the victims were punished and the accused rapists never showed an ounce of regret.   No, means no!  This is a film every parent should watch with their kids and have a long discussion about.  We need to hammer into our sons’ heads that a drunken partner can’t give consent and you never pressure anyone into saying yes.   What are we people, cave men!  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment