My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Gimme Shelter (1970)

This is a combination of a great rock 'n roll film staring the Rolling Stones and an even better disaster documentary of the infamous Altamont Speedway Free Festival.  Albert and David Maysles and Charlotte Zwerin (whom made the wonderful small documentary Salesman) capture the Rolling Stones in a honest and personal way that speaks volumes about them as people.  It shows the incidents surrounding the Altamont festival without judgment.  Great music and a back stage look at how uncontrollable the Hell's Angels were and the increasing mob mentally the crowd was becoming as things went wrong: I highly recommend this film for people who like music documentaries.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment