My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Other Guys (2010)

Will Farrel and Mark Wahlberg team up in this hilarious comedy that makes fun of cop action movies while also tackling the real issue of the recent financial scandals.  Adam McKay directs what must have been a dream-come-true project.  This film probably has the funniest car chase ever put on film.  (Yes, maybe funnier than the Blues Brothers.)  If you like Farrel films then you'll like this wacky addition.  Don't stop watching when the movie ends though; the credits are really interesting.  Grade: B+.

Spoiler:  The Samuel Jackson and The Rock cameos almost steal the show.  But my favorite character is played by Michael Keaton as the Police Captain that works at Bed, Bath & Beyond for extra money.  Hilarious comedy most of the time, even though you can tell they're just making up most of their lines on the spot (a technique used for comedies made these days that feels flat most of the time for me).  

No comments:

Post a Comment