My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

We Are Still Here (2015)

Anne and Paul move to the country for a fresh start.  They lost their adult son and are both still in mourning.   Yet the house they move in has a connection to the dead.  Has their son returned to them?   Why does everyone in town seem to distance themselves from them?    And when they’re visited by close friends, May and Jacob, why do people start to disappear?  This unsettling film kept me on edge and second guessing what would happen.  The acting isn’t always great, but the film succeeds at building to a terrifying climax.   Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment