My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, October 3, 2016

Green Room (2016)

A punk band on the road and needing a gig drives out to a club somewhere in the Pacific Northwest (think Portland, Oregan) to find they’re going to be performing for a gathering of Nazi skinheads.  If that isn’t unnerving enough, things get really intense very quickly when they witness a crime that happens in the green room.  Anton Yelchin stars (I so miss the guy) along with Alia Shawat and Patrick Stewart.   Director Jeremy Saulnier has come a long way from his 2007 indie Murder Party but hey, I could tell he had talent then and boy, has he become a very accomplished director.  This film is very impressive.  It’s one of the most suspenseful films I’ve seen in a while and the horror feels very real.   Mr. Stewart is a fantastic and believable villain; he keeps his sinister qualities low-key and that’s what makes it work so well.   A great modern day horror film that will have a long shelf life I’m certain.  Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment