My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Creep (2014)

Mark Duplass plays an oddball who hires a videographer played by Patrick Brice for a personal project.   What starts off as just a little bit of an awkward situation devolves into a nightmare.   Patrick Brice directs the film with Duplass and himself credited as writing it.  I’m assuming there wasn’t much of a script and that they adlibbed much of the film (which is impressive).   It’s a well-crafted found-footage story because it constantly keeps the audience guessing.  At times I laughed and then started to feel that gut-twisting sense that something bad was going to happen.   I highly enjoyed this film and expect it to become a horror genre classic.  Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment