My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Amanda Knox (2016)

Okay, this is not really a horror documentary.  At the same time, when you think about being sent to prison for a crime you didn’t do, it’s a very scary ordeal.   This film pretty much debunks the idea that Amanda Knox is a killer.  Yet it demonstrates how the media and the Italian officials crafted a narrative that she and her boyfriend (at the time) killed her roommate.  It’s sad that two people in love had to have their lives stalled over faulty evidence and fabricated stories.  There is no doubt that the murder of Meredith Kercher was a horrible tragedy.  To make it ever worse the police poorly investigated the crime and went after the wrong people.   Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment