My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Friday, October 23, 2015

Circle (2015)

While not a perfect film, this is an engaging one that tells the story of a group of stranger standing in a circle who are held captive by some mysterious alien ship.  The ship randomly, or so it might at first seem, kills people.  Soon its clear that there’s a game going on and the people are in control of it.  Will they work together to survive or will they make the necessary sacrifices to make sure the right ones live.  This one deals with sexism, racism, ageism, you name it.  I really enjoyed this experimental low-budget original from Aaron Hann and Mario Miscione.  I could have had a slightly better ending but it’s still a pretty decent story, kind of a Twelve Angry Men but with Aliens and death circles.  Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment