My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, October 17, 2015

All Cheerleaders Die (2013)

With Lucky McKee co-writing and co-directing (along with Chris Sivertson) I was really excited to see this horror comedy.  I have to say I was a tad underwhelmed with the result.  It’s not as entertaining as I had hoped.  The issue for me was there seemed to be two plots and both of them are underdeveloped, ending in an unsatisfying villain and a revenge plot that goes nowhere. I wouldn’t say the characters are really likable either which does hurt the film.   If maybe the lead character was more of the driving force the film would have been more successful but in the end it was just blah. B-

No comments:

Post a Comment