My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Back to the Future Day

We take this pause in our horror movie schedule to celebrate Back to the Future Day.  Yes, that’s right.  It’s 2015 and this is the date Marty McFly and Doc Brown go to the “Future”.  Okay, so there are no flying cars and the internet is completely missing from Zemeckis’ masterpiece but who cares.   I actually re-watched the entire trilogy over the course of the last few days and I can say without a doubt the films still hold up.   If you haven’t seen these films, do, like right now.   Not only are these films perfect time travel films, they define what a comedy adventure film should be like.  I can’t think of another film series or recent film that is this thoughtout and fun.   They certainly don’t make them like this anymore and that’s unfortunate.   I’m secretly hoping that future generations will visit this ‘80s classic and be inspired.   And no, let’s hope they never remake these films.  I highly doubt anyone, including Zemeckis himself could recreate or take this concept and make it work today.   And why when these three are so good already?   I can’t wait to watch these again when my son is older.  Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment