My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Martin (1972)

In many ways this is George A. Romero's best work, not because it's better than Night of the Living Dead but because it's more personal to his artistic heart.  Martin is a vampire, or so he believes, and he is out on the hunt while dealing with all the complex emotions we all deal with as we adjust to who we are and who we interact with.  There are some really freaky moments as Martin drugs his victims so he can drink their blood.   One of the better and more clever vampire themed films made.   The low-budget quality never diminishes what is a well told story.  Grade: A.

No comments:

Post a Comment