My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon (Trailer)

The rule that you should avoid judging something you haven't seen applies here.  I never intend to see the third Transformer movie and so you'll not find a review of it on this blog.  But I have just finished watching the trailer and I must write about it.  When did films stop being stories?  The premise is good, there's some bad Transfomer robots on the moon and they're coming to Earth to take over.  Not bad.  But that's the only positive thing I can think of.  What a mess?  Special effect overload in what looks more like a disaster film.  I expect much of this film's climax has robots battling robots (neither interesting enough to care about) and humans running around like ants trying to survive the destruction.  Excuse me as I yawn.  While the spectacle is impressive it lacks substance and plot.  It's more like watching some stranger play a video game, a loud video game with slow motion Michael-Bay style.   At the theater I was at, many young men in the audience expressed their enthusiasm for this juggernaut of a film.   A "hot" babe helped add to the hype as well.  I was horrified and I can't believe that Spielberg would put his name to this garbage.  But I haven't seen the film, so maybe it's entertaining.   Maybe I am taking things too seriously, may it's just a movie and deserves the hundreds of millions its going to make.  I'll not find out.  Why?  Because the trailer assaulted me with its atrocious simplicity.  Grade: C-.

No comments:

Post a Comment