My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Fatherhood (Commentary)

Today I am a father. They tell you when your children are born it will be one of the happiest days of your life. Obviously this is true. It’s also the most relief I’ve ever felt. When I saw my son for the first time, looked into his eyes, and he stopped crying and looked back, I can’t describe that emotion. It’s a complex surreal mix of calming liberation, shock and peaceful joy. But even that short summary is inaccurate. To know that I helped make an actually living human being, that I get a chance to continue with human kind’s progress is an immense and wonderful feeling. I’m so excited for what is to come. I can’t wait to read books to him, to see him walk for the first time, to hear him laugh and say his first word. I know raising a child takes a lot of work but it’s rewarding work, the kind of work that will keep me young in heart and make me that much wiser. So bring it on. Today I am a father and all that I was before this day was prologue.

No comments:

Post a Comment