My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Croods (2013)

Dreamworks Animation has no business making films this good. I mean, come on, they’re the studio that makes those goofy talking zoo animal movies. Sure they have that adventurous dragon film too but they aren’t supposed to make Pixar quality films that actually have heart as well as laughs. But here they go, breaking their own mold and giving us something worth cheering about: a family caveman film that’s so clever and fun to watch that I actually cried. That’s right; I’ll admit it, this film made me cry. Basically a family of cave people must adapt to their ways and fast or they’ll be toast as an extinction event approaches. The themes are relevant and worth being shared with all families. Do not assume this is just Dreamworks doing their usual thing. This is an Oscar worthy animated feature. Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment