My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Way Way Back (2013)

Nat Faxon and Jim Rash co-write and direct their first film; a coming-of-age film about a teenage boy named Duncan who spends his summer vacation with his single-mother at her boyfriend’s beach house on the East coast. Sam Rockwell plays the water park manager he befriends when tensions heat up at with the boyfriend played by Steve Carell. Toni Collette plays the mom and Allison Janney is the outrageous neighbor who loves to party. This is one of those films packed with laughs and tender (but real) inter reactions we can all relate to. It’s hard growing up and it’s always amazing when you find a place you belong. This is a good one and I hope more discover it through the years. Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment