My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Despicable Me (2010)

Illumination Entertainment wins big time with their first film, a comedy about a Super Villain attempting to steal the moon in order to win back notoriety as the Worst Bad guy. But three orphan girls become part of his life and threaten to ruin it all by showing him another possibility: fatherhood. Steve Carrell's voice is unrecognizable and perfect. The animation is slick and as funny as the witty jokes. Then there are the little yellow guys, the Minions, who steal the show. Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment