My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Muppets (2011)

The Muppets are back and with Jason Segal as the driving force of the production we have a real winner here.  I'd adventure to say it's better than some of the original films.  The story is about two brothers, one a Muppet (Walter) and the other Human (Gary), and their love for the Muppets.  On a trip to Hollywood (supposed to be a romantic vacation with Gary's girl friend Mary)  they discover that the Muppets are in danger of losing their studios from the greedy Tex Richman played brilliantly by Chris Cooper .  This is a really funny film on so many levels, great musical numbers and dance sequences and absurd humor that hits the funny bone just right.   In the spirit of the early Muppet movies there are also some fantastic cameos such as Jack Black, Emily Blunt, Alan Arkin and Zach Galifianakis.  There were rumors before this film came out that many of the original puppeteers refused to participate because they didn't feel like the story was fitting of the Muppet name.  It's a real shame when legends like Frank Oz lose sight on what's funny.  I hope these rumors are false and Oz and others didn't join the production because of scheduling conflicts.  All I know is I laughed really hard and felt like I was a kid again.  Bravo!  Grade: A 

No comments:

Post a Comment