My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Angel (Season 4)

Because this is the fourth season anything written beyond this point is a spoiler for those who haven't started watching this Buffy the Vampire Slayer spin-off.  The story opens with Angel buried at sea, Cordelia a Higher Being, Gunn and Fred running the Agency with Connor helping and Wesley exploring the dark side with a love affair with Lilah of Wolfram & Hart.  I liked this season but it felt at times like the writers were constantly playing "fix-up" the more they messed up all the character's arcs.  Even the introduction of baddie, Jasmine, felt like a hokey answer for why all that had happened happened.  I did love it when Jasmine arrived and felt like it was where this season shined.  Too bad it resolves a little too easily.  Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment