My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, August 29, 2011

You Again (2010)

Here's the movie I've been waiting to see, the comedy that actually showcases Kristen Bell's comic chops.  It didn't think I'd enjoy this movie as much as I did.  But it surprises as a charming and funny movie about a young woman named Marni (Mrs. Bell) returning home to meet the girl (Odetta Annable) marrying her brother only to learn she's the girl who made her life miserable in high school.  Add Jamie Lee Curits, Sigourney Weaver and the wonder comic Betty White and you have a fun time. Grade: B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment