My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Traveler (2010)

Val Kilmer stars in a film that's about as bad as they come, a horror film about a stranger that torments a police station, predicting the death of each officer responsible for an interrogation gone wrong.  The script is awful, the look of the film typical and the direction generic.  If anything the acting isn't that bad, considering they're working with inferior dialogue.  Most people watching this film are probably asking the same question I did, not who is the Stranger (or Traveler) but why would Val Kilmer agree to play him.  Did he owe the director money?  Is he family?  Val Kilmer is such a fantastic actor, it mind boggles me that he would finish reading such script nonetheless act in it.  Most likely it's the paycheck he needs, a truth about acting no matter how "famous" one becomes.  It's forgiveable, but movie producers of the world, let's give Val a break.  He deserves more than this.  Grade: C-.

No comments:

Post a Comment