My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cowboys And Aliens (2011)

The premise is in the title.  What if aliens invaded our world during the Old West?   When I heard of this film, based on a comic, I became excited especially hearing who would direct it (Jon Favreau) and star in it (Bond and Indiana Jones).   The first trailer was fantastic.  It's too bad the film didn't quite live up to the trailer (damn I hate trailers).  This is not a bad film though.  It has many wonderful entertaining elements.  Too bad the suspension of disbelief toward the end is really a stretch.  I mean come on, the aliens are so advanced, do we really think a bunch of cowboys with bullets can out fight them?   Harrison Ford is fun as the hard-as-nails rancher looking for revenge and Daniel Craig is so roughed and tough it's hard to hate him.  Grade: B.

No comments:

Post a Comment