My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Most Anticipated Summer Movies of 2011

The Summer Movie is approaching and below are the 10 films I'm most excited about. 

10. Thor
      - The challenge will be for them to make this God-like character believable enough to mix in with the pre-made Marvel world set into place by the Iron Man movies.  I'm crossing my fingers but I don't have much confidence. 
9.  X-Men: First Class
      - If it weren't for the trailer I'd probably skip this one, but it looks promising.  If there's any super hero franchise that needs a reboot it's this one.
8.  Captain America: The First Avenger
      - This is another one, simply by the trailer, I'd like to check out but I'm not certain will turn out that good.  At least it looks like they got a great cast.  Here's hoping the script is good.
7.  Midnight In Paris 
      - Woody Allen is a legend but he's not the most consistent filmmaker.   This one starring Owen Wilson looks promising but I'm sure I'll miss it. 
6. Bridesmaids
       - Another one that simply by the cast makes me want to see it.   Funny ladies unite!
5. Cars 2
       - It's Pixar.  In Pixar I trust and so I will be there.  Maybe not in 3D but I'll be there.
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2
       - Finally it's over and it looks like it will end with a bang.  
3. Green Lantern
       - I'm sure this film is going to suck but I have to see it because I'm a big Green Lantern fan.   I'm just hoping they make it enduring enough to keep my entertained.     
2. Super 8
        - J.J. Abrams and Spielberg team up.   Enough said.
1. Cowboys and Aliens
        - This one looks like it's the winner for me.  A western with a science fiction bent, I can't wait to see how the director of Iron Man (and many other fine films by the way) will deliver. 

No comments:

Post a Comment