My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Love You, Philip Morris (2010)

I might have to re-consider my best Prison break films.  What a wickedly entertaining film, that's hilarious as well as tender.  Both Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor are in top-form delivering characters that are funny and larger than life but believable at the same time.  Inspired by a true story of Steve Russell, a con man who falls in love with another inmate while imprison.   What he will do to stay with the man that he loves is outrageous.  I can't believe this film didn't get more notice when it came out.  Next to Brokeback Mountain, I don't know of another gay romance that worked so well, being romantic without preachy.  If you like con artist films and want to laugh at the same time, don't miss this almost perfect comedy from Glenn Ficara and John Requa.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment