My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

air vol 2: Flying Machine (Comic book) by G. Willow Wilson

As non-superhero comic book series go, air is turning out to be inventive, weird, confusing, and loads of fun.  I wouldn't call it fantastic or say it's as addictive as other series I've fallen for but I'll certainly be looking forward to the next volume.   In this second volume our heroine, Blythe, begins to develop her abilities as a Hyperpract by delving into Zayn's past by actually living it.   I must admit that I'm not really following the pseudoscience of symbols as technology and consider it the weaker part of the story.  I'm hoping that some new characters emerge too, since Amelia Earhart's arrival no one new has  come along of interest.  Also we need another bad guy, two-face-clone Benjamin Lancaster's presence was sorely missed.  If you like comic books and want to read something different, think Lost meets Alice in Wonderland meets Alias (without Sydney Bristow).  Grade: B+    

No comments:

Post a Comment