My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Game of Thrones (Season 5)

Another fantastic season for David Benioff and D. B. Weiss in a series that just keeps getting better and better.  There’s a lot to praise.  First let’s start with the finale; it’s the strongest finale to date.  Obviously the moment everyone is talking about (and thankfully wasn’t spoiled for me) is very shocking.  But the real reason to cheer is Daenerys’ storyline.  How cool was that?    Then there’s the episode “Hardhome” which is the best episode of the show.  What an amazingly crafted adventure for Jon Snow.  Sansa’s life is certainly worse, which is hard to believe considering her life at King’s Landing.  Tyrion has found his new mission.  Cersei finds herself a pariah.  The only character that doesn’t really get a very good storyline is Arya (it’s not bad it’s just ho-hum).  I don’t know what they’re going to do now, with George R.R. Martin still working on the next book, but from this point on, unless they delay production, the series will overtake the books.   That’s kind of strange.  Yet if there’s any team of writers and directors that can succeed at this is it's this one.  Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment