My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Area 51 (2015)

I only decided to watch this because it was made by the director of “Paranormal Activity” and I thought he might have a cool take on the alien abduction sub-genre.  I was wrong.  It starts off pretty good.  Sure it’s your typical “found footage” movie but I like the way the characters are introduced.  Then when they get out to the army base halfway through it goes off the rails into disbelief.  There are some cool moments, even at the end, but the entire ordeal feels very pointless and a waste of my time.  Watch a good episode of The X-files instead.  Grade: C

No comments:

Post a Comment