My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

14 by Peter Clines

Something bizarre is going on in Nate’s new brownstone apartment building.  He has a black light in the kitchen.  Weird bugs pop up that seems to have come from another world.  And there’s the door across the hall that no one knows why it’s locked.  As he talks to his neighbors he discovers that they’ve all noticed something odd but have just let it go.  Why not?  At such a cheap rent, who wants to wreck a good thing?  But with nothing else going on with his life, Nate convinces his neighbors to investigate.  What they find is a really fun and scary adventure.  Cline’s book is a breezy read with slick plotting and likable characters.   Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment