My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The Affair (Season 1)

Showtime brings us a series about a New York Teacher and novelist named Noah who starts an affair with a waitress named Alison while vacationing with his family in a small town in Long Island.   It’s a sensual story well-told by first giving us Noah’s point of view and then at the half way point switching to Alison’s point of view, most of the time seeing the same series of events unfold but in a completely different way.  Underlining the story is a murder mystery that book ends each episode.   This is certainly a worthwhile series to watch with great acting from Dominic West and Ruth Wilson. A-

No comments:

Post a Comment