My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Friday, September 25, 2015

Homeland (Season 2)

I loved the first season of this modern take on the Manchurian Candidate and couldn’t wait to see if Claire Danes’ Carrie Mathison would be able to prove to the world that she was right.  Damian Lewis returns as Brody and there are some really nail-biting set ups throughout this season.   But there is a point in the show where I had to figure the writers changed things up a bit too early for my taste.  I suspect they felt they had to because they didn’t want to keep repeating the same tactics.  I think it was a mistake and can’t see how they’re going to make the next season very believable (although the last scene was really cool).  The two shining stars of this show through are still Danes and Mandy Patinkin.  It’s their relationship that keeps me tuned in.  Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment